Basic Principles of Data Visualisation
Have you been using Tableau for a while but working with data sources and slow dashboards can still be a pain? Then come to our course and learn how to manage and fine-tune them!
From: 16. 6. 2022, 9:00
To: 17. 6. 2022, 12:00
5500 CZK + 21 % VAT
6655 CZK incl. VAT
Learn to create efficient data visualisations
We will teach you to efficiently deliver important information through data visualisation to a specific group of recipients. We will go through the theory and examples from practice and you will test your new knowledge on practical tasks.
It does not matter what BI tool you are currently using for data visualisation – we will cover the principles of creation and presentation, not the technologies.
What will you learn?
- How we perceive visual information (subconscious and conscious processing) and how to make use of it in data visualisation;
- How to proceed when searching for a suitable type of visualisation;
- How to avoid major mistakes;
- How to work with colours and texts;
- Tips for useful tools and other resources;
- During the course, you will create your own visualisation and get feedback on it.
What will it look like?
- We will customise the content and language of the training to the participants’ needs. If English-speaking participants are enrolled, the training will be conducted in English. Training materials are prepared in English only.
- You do not need any previous knowledge or experience of working with BI tools.
- The course takes a total of 6 hours and can be completed online or in-person.
- The online course takes place via Microsoft Teams and is divided into two days. There will be one three-hour lesson each day.
- The in-person session takes place in the Deloitte lecture room and is designed as a one-day course.
Eliška Valterová, Data Visualisation Designer and Tableau Consultant
Eliška helps clients improve their decision-making processes by creating data visualisations for them and helping them learn the principles of data visualisation. Her work combines the understanding of business needs, visual analytics, data visualisation, UX and data storytelling. She has more than 10 years of experience in projects across industries (banking, telecommunications, automotive, e-commerce, marketing, etc.). In addition to working as a designer and consultant, she also leads several courses focused on data visualisation and Tableau.
Date and time: 16. 6. and 17. 6. 2022, from 9 am to 12 pm
Venue: Deloitte, Churchill I, Italská 2581/67, Praha 2
Registration fee: CZK 5 500 + 21 % VAT, CZK 6 655 incl. VAT.