SAFe® 5 Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM)
Learn how to efficiently perform the role of Product Owner or Product Manager
From: 5. 1. 2023, 9:00
To: 6. 1. 2023, 17:00
Deloitte Churchill I Italská 2581/67 Praha 2 - Vinohrady
27000 CZK + 21 % VAT
32670 CZK incl. VAT
Learn how to efficiently perform the role of Product Owner or Product Manager as part of the agile program (the Agile Release Trains) and bring added value to program increments.
In the course, you will get detailed information about the activities, instruments, and mechanisms used for the administration of the backlog and for agile program management. You will understand the functioning of the agile program (the Agile Release Train) and how it generates customer value. Furthermore, you will find out how to write Epics, how to divide them into Features and User Stories, and how to plan and realize iterations and program increments.
Last but not least, we will explain to you terms such as the Continuous Delivery Pipeline or DevOps and you will find out how the Product Owner and Product Manager roles can contribute to the permanent improvement of ART functioning.
The course will be led by a SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC) certified by Scaled Agile, Inc.
The course is interactive and combines official SAFe® training materials and practical exercises. The lecturer will share his/her experiences with the implementation of SAFe® principles in large firms operating in the Czech Republic with the participants.
Participation in the course entitles you to take the worldwide recognized SAFe® Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM) certification exam; the price of the course includes one try.
The certification exam should be taken online within 30 calendar days from finishing the course.
Day 1 – 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- The Product Owner and Product Manager roles and responsibilities
- Methodical framework of SAFe®
- Value streams
- Lean-agile mindset
- Responsibilities of Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Preparation for PI Planning
- What is PI Planning
- Product vision, solution vision
- Solution and PI roadmaps
- Requirement hierarchy – Epics, Features and User Stories
- Definition of Done
- Programme backlog and Kanban board
- How to lead PI Planning
- Communication of the vision
- Defining PI objectives
- Management of dependencies
- Risk management
Day 2 – 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Realisation of iteration as part of the programme increment
- User stories and Story mapping
- Iteration planning
- Team Kanban board
- Backlog refinement
- Iteration review and retrospective
- DevOps and release on demand
- Realisation of the programme increment
- PO sync and the role as part of this ceremony
- System demo and how to use it
- Access to innovations during the programme increment
- Retrospective at the level of agile programme
- How to prepare for the certification exam
For whom is the course
The course is intended for everyone who participates or wants to participate in agile transformation of the firm and the coordination of several agile teams, namely for:
- Product Managers, Product Owners,
- Business Owners and Business Analysts,
- Programme Managers, Project Managers,
- Scrum Masters, RTEs, agile coaches,
- Process Managers and LACE team members.
The course does not require any previous knowledge. For participants who want to take the subsequent SAFe® Product Owner / Product Manager certification exam, we nevertheless recommend the following minimum experience:
- Experience in product management,
- Knowledge of the methodical framework at the level of the Leading SAFe® course.
Milan Drbohlav, Senior Consultant, Agile Coach
Milan is a skilled professional with experience in agile organisation implementation and agile transformation from various industries including automotive and banking.
He has over seven years of experience implementing agile principles in large global companies, working on transformation from project to product management as well as scaling agile principles at both the programme and portfolio level.
Date and time 5.1. – 6. 1. 2023, 2 days, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Venue: Deloitte, Churchill I, Italská 2581/67, Prague
Registration fee: CZK 27 000 + 21 % VAT, CZK 32 670 incl. VAT