OKR (Objectives and Key Results) – agile planning technique in the period of digitalization
In this workshop, you will learn the basic principles of this modern planning method and get familiar with its advantages compared to classical planning using the top-down method.
25. 11. 2022, 9:00 – 17:00
Deloitte Churchill I Italská 2581/67 Praha 2 - Vinohrady
7500 CZK + 21 % VAT
9075 CZK incl. VAT
In the period of digitalization and implementation of agile principles, the classical annual planning, which is cascaded using the top-down method, is no longer sufficient for firms. It is necessary to look for an alternative that is simple and enables the setting of goals (usually on a quarterly basis), measure their fulfillment, and adjust them according to the market situation throughout the year if necessary. The alternative is OKR (Objectives and Key Results).
In this workshop, you will learn the basic principles of this modern planning method and get familiar with its advantages compared to classical planning using the top-down method. Through a combination of theory and practical exercises, you will learn how to implement OKR in your company and what to be careful about.
What will you learn at the workshop?
- You will learn the basic principles and advantages of OKR for your company
- You will understand the differences between classical planning and OKR
- You will find out how to implement OKR efficiently, and you will learn in particular:
- How to correctly define objectives and key results
- How to unify the OKR of the entire company and individual teams
- How to make sure that OKR is not only a list of activities but represents actual goals oriented at the market value they bring to customers/to the market
- What to be cautious about during the implementation
- How to work with OKR on an ongoing basis
- What is OKR
- What are the advantages of using OKR
- Strategic vs. tactical OKR
- Types of Key Results and criteria for their success
- How ambitious should the OKR be
- How to find harmony between firm and team OKR
- How to monitor results using the weekly check-in
- Typical OKR cycle
- Why not link OKR to firm compensations
- Frequent mistakes
Who is the course for:
- Company management
- Team leaders
- Product owners
- Agile team members
- Persons who participate in the planning and creation of goals in the company.
Participation in the workshop does not require any previous knowledge or experience.
Jiří Drbohlav, Senior Consultant, Agile Coach
Jiří is a senior consultant with extensive experience particularly in the banking and manufacturing industry.
As a project manager, he has been involved in a number of projects both strategic (mergers, acquisitions, creation of new business strategies), and business and technical (ERP implementation, technical and business implementation of new GDPR rules, BankID). Over the last five years, he has been concentrating on the implementation of agile principles in large companies, where he has worked in various agile roles, also focusing on training, and sharing know-how in this area.
Date and time: 25. 11. 2022, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Venue: Deloitte, Churchill I, Italská 2581/67, Prague
Registration fee: CZK 7 500 + 21 % VAT, CZK 9 075 incl. VAT